Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Progress with survivorship

Hi All! Thank you so much for starting this blog. My author invite was in my trash bin so I am a little slow getting here! My team-mate, Martha Trout and I attended the City of Hope training in the summer of 2008. We instantly were charged with so much enthusiasm and it became contagious when we returned to Michigan. Last spring, we applied for a community grant through the local chapter of Susan G. Komen to develop a breast cancer survivorship clinic as well as several educational talks throughout the year. We got funded-roughly 40,000. to utilize over the next year. The grant world is new to us-so we are learning as we go. We have held two survivorship clinics so far and it has been amazing. In November, we held the first educational forum that focused on Lymphedema. We are utilizing the ASCO treatment summaries as well as the Journey Forward care plan. I hope we can learn from each other and get more teams involved in this blog.
Have a great day! Heather Spotts, LMSW, OSW-C, Michigan State University, Breslin Cancer Center

No comments:

Post a Comment